CNC Machinist- Mount Olive Goldsboro, North Carolina
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operationg a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping recourds; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Summary of Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specificatiions, etc and interpreting geometeric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T
- Plans stock inventory, placing orders and verifying receipt of stock
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism
- Verifies settings, adhering to international standards
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cuttng, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance processes.
- Maintains safe operations
- Maintains equipment by completing preventuive maintenance
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs
- Documents actions by completing logs
- Updates job knowledge by particpating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications
Pay Range: $15.00+ | Shifts: First Shift | Hours: 6:30am-3:30pm
Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
172 days ago